How do we nourish ourselves and our children?
In essence, we recommend real food, traditionally prepared. Think back before the industrialization of food. Before the ubiquitous Cheerios, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers, before soy infant formula, and even before pasteurized milk products. Food didn’t have ingredients, they were ingredients. No labels needed. We recommend animal products produced from animals eating their natural diet, grass on pasture, and seafood wild at sea. Neither land or sea animals are designed to eat grains in feedlots. Whenever possible, we encourage you to shop in farmers markets and make your own meals, so you know the hands the feed you.
Feel free to start at with any of these articles on our blog to get acquainted with our educational initiative.
- Read our First Steps Guide to learn how to implement the dietary recommendations we make one step at a time. It includes a free overview booklet.
- Read about our optimal diet for pregnant and nursing women to learn about how you can truly nourish yourself and your baby as you move through pre-conception, pregnancy and nursing.
- If you are unable to breastfeed or feel the need to supplement, read about the nutrient dense homemade baby formulas we recommend that you make.
- Read our resources for baby’s first solids foods to guide you as you move into nutrient dense solid foods. It includes an article that explains why we don’t recommend rice cereal, organic or otherwise, as babies first food.
- Read about Dr. Price’s research, summarized in How the Teeth Tell the Tale, so you understand the reason behind the principles we teach.
- Read about why we don’t recommend prenatal vitamins, in favor of whole foods.
- Read our top 10 list of facts that you may not know about your diet.
- Read about why we don’t recommend breakfast cereal, organic or otherwise.
Beyond these articles, we offer educational materials in the form of a PowerPoint, Study Guide, E-Book, Audio Book and DVD to serve your own self-education and/or to educate others.
Beyond our own blog and educational materials, we recommend these articles:
- Dietary Guidelines published by the Weston A Price Foundation. A list of foundational principles by which to nourish yourself and your family.
- Dietary Dangers published by the Weston A Price Foundation. A list of foods and beverages to avoid.
- Children’s Health section by the Weston A Price Foundation. A selection of articles covering topics such as pregnancy/breastfeeding, feeding babies and children.
- An article on Ancient Dietary Wisdom for Tomorrow’s Children by Sally Fallon Morell An overview of timeless nutritional principles that are relevant for modern parents.
- Articles on Making It Practical by Lori Lipinski. Lori developed the “Making It Practical” series to help people transition toward a real food diet, one step at a time.
- An article on Feeding Your Children by Thomas Cowan, Outlines what to feed your child as they develop through the years.
- Packing the Perfect Lunch Box by Jen Allbittron, CN. An article that appears in the growing wise kids column published on the Weston A. Price Foundation’s quarterly journal and website.
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel. Learn how baby bottle tooth decay can be treated with nutrition, and without dental surgery.