Pictured above is my mother, Jacqueline, not long after my birthday/her labor day on July 16, 1965. I am her first born. Oprah Winfrey is quoted as having said, “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” So, what does make someone a mother?!
Integral to our cause is the word nourish. Mothers are called upon to nourish their children – physically and emotionally. I’d love you to answer any of the following as we reflect on motherhood:
- How has your mother nourished you?
- How have you nourished your children?
- What do you most appreciate or enjoy about your mother?
- What do you most appreciate or enjoy about your own experience of motherhood?
- What words come to mind when you think about motherhood?
- How would you define the word mother or motherhood?
2 Responses to Reflections on Motherhood
Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. – Ambrose Bierce
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Happy, Happy Mothers Day!