What, then, if not rice cereal?
We have covered this topic fairly extensively, and so have others in our community in articles and in books. As such, we will simply link to various resources rather than replicate the information here. We recommend the free online reference Baby’s First Foods Chart created by Annika Rockwell, Certified Nutritionist, for an an overview.
Additional resources are these articles and books:
- The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care book by Sally Fallon Morell and Dr. Thomas Cowan
- The Super Nutrition for Babies book by Katherine Erich and Kelly Genzlinger
- The Nourished Baby e-book by Mommypotamus
- The Nourished Beginnings Baby Food book by Renee Kohler
- Our Nourishing Babies and Toddlers article
- Our How do you define processed foods? article, which focuses on the topic of rice cereal for babies, which we don’t recommend.
- Our What I learned from mothers about baby’s first foods. article
- Our Baby’s First Foods – When and What?! article
- Our Food before one is not just for fun article
- Our Is 4 months too early to introduce solid foods? article
- The Nourishing A Growing Baby article published on the Weston A. Price Foundation’s website
- The Baby Led Weaning article by Nourished Kitchen